Last Updated: February 7, 2022
- DATA PROCESSOR AND COLLECTOR. We are a data Processor and Collector. We process data received from our software, and services and take proportionate precaution in storing such personal information on our secure servers until permanently destroyed.
PURPOSE FOR USING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- HOW WE USE COLLECTED PERSONAL INFORMATION. TaxRobot Inc. collects and use user personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service
- The information provided helps us respond to customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize user experience
- To improve our Software
- We use feedback provided to improve our products and services.
- To send periodic emails
- We use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their order. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT. Our Service collects personal information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (”personal information”). In particular, our platform receives and stores any information you knowingly provide to us. This includes Personal Information such as your and your employees’ tax payer identification numbers, your employees’ names, wages, email addresses, home addresses, phone numbers, and/or your third-party account credentials. Certain information may be required to register with us or to take advantage of some of our features. We may communicate with you if you’ve provided us the means to do so. We may also receive a confirmation when you open an email from us. This confirmation helps us make our communications with you more interesting and improve our services.
- Required by law: In addition, we may disclose your information to the extent that we are required to do so by law; in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings; and in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
- ADVERTISING PURPOSES. We may process Advertising Data to show you advertisements for third party services; including advertising that may reward you with benefits during your use of the Software.
- The information we collect about you may be used to understand how advertisements placed in our Software have performed or how many people have viewed certain advertisements. We aggregate this information so that it does not personally identify you or permit you to be treated individually. We may also use this information to reward users with benefits that can be used for further enjoyment of the Software from the viewing of certain advertising placed in our Software.
- We will not pass or process your information for the purposes of marketing by third parties unless you give your consent should we ask for it. After you have given your consent, you may withdraw it at any time.
- If you would like to find out more about the way these third parties collect and process your information, please refer to their respective privacy policies and/or terms and conditions by clicking on the links provided above.
- PREVENT FRAUD AND ILLEGAL ACTIVITY. We process personal data for our legitimate interests of ensuring that any use of the Online Services is lawful and non-fraudulent, does not disrupt the operation of our services, does not harass our staff or other individuals, to enforce our legal rights and also in order to comply with our legal obligations.
- We reserve the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any User Content posted by you constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy. You may not copy, download, or embed any User Content without the express written permission of the content owner.
- CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TAXROBOT COLLECT. When you engage in certain activities via the Company Service, including but not limited to creating an account, sending feedback, or otherwise participating in the Company Service (collectively, “Identification Activities”), we will ask you to provide certain information about yourself. We also collect the following:
- Identity Data
- Contact Data
- Technical Data
- Usage Data
- Transaction Data
- Assessment Data
- Profile Data
- Marketing and Communications Data
- If you elect to use our service, we will ask you to provide us with certain personal information about yourself, such as your user names, gender, email address, and/or any other information you provide to us, to process your transaction, send communications about them to you, and populate forms for future transactions. We may also ask you to provide us with additional information, such as credit card information for future paid features. If you do not provide mandatory information for an Identification Activity, you will not be permitted to engage in that Identification Activity with the Company Service.
- DATA RETENTION. Our data retention policies and procedure are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal data. Personal data that we process for any purpose or purposes shall be kept until such time as we receive a request for deletion from you. Notwithstanding the other provisions, we will retain your personal data where such retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
- YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS. Your principal rights under data protection law are:
- The right to access;
- The right to rectification;
- The right to erasure;
- The right to restrict processing;
- The right to object to processing;
- The right to data portability;
- The right to complain to a supervisory authority; and
- The right to withdraw consent.
- You have the right to confirmation as to whether or not we process your personal data and, where we do, access to the personal data, together with certain additional information. That additional information includes details of the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned and the recipients of the personal data. Providing the rights and freedoms of others are not affected, we will supply to you a copy of your personal data. The first copy will be provided free of charge, but additional copies may be subject to a reasonable fee. You can access your personal data by visiting your profile when logged in.
- You have the right to have any inaccurate personal data about you rectified and, taking into account the purposes of the processing, to have any incomplete personal data about you completed. You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes (including profiling for direct marketing purposes). If you make such an objection, we will cease to process your personal data for this purpose.
- You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data for scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes on grounds relating to your particular situation, unless the processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out for reasons of public interest. To the extent that the legal basis for our processing of your personal data is:
- Consent; or
- That the processing is necessary for the performance of a service.
- If you consider that our processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection.
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION. If you have a complaint about TaxRobot Inc.’s privacy practices you should contact us. We will take reasonable steps to work with you to attempt to resolve your complaint in accordance with the “Terms of Service” incorporated with these policies.
- GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR). The GDPR requires TaxRobot Inc. and Servicers using the Service to provide Users with more information about the processing of their Personal Data. The GDPR requires us to tell you about the legal ground we’re relying on to process any Personal Data about you. The legal grounds for us processing your Personal Data for the purposes set out above will typically be because:
- You provided your consent; it is necessary for our contractual relationship;
- The processing is necessary for us to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations;
- And/or the processing is in our legitimate interest as a service platform.
- TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA. As TaxRobot Inc. is a global company, we may need to transfer your Personal Data outside of the country from which it was originally provided. This may be intra-group or to third parties that we work with who may be located in jurisdictions outside the EEA, Switzerland and the UK which have no data protection laws or laws that are less strict compared with those in Europe.
- CHANGE OF OWNERSHIP. If we are subject to a merger or acquisition with/by another company, we may share information with them in accordance with our global privacy standards. Should such an event occur, we will require that the new combined entity follow this privacy notice with respect to your personal information. If we intend to handle your personal information for any purposes not covered in this privacy notice, you will receive prior notification of the processing of your personal information for the new purposes.
- HOW TO OPT OUT OF FUTURE COMMUNICATIONS. Consumers may opt-out of notifications and personal information storage at any time. To exercise the right to opt-out, you (or your authorized representative) may submit a request to us by visiting the following our webpage and sending us a message. Once you make an opt-out request, we will wait at least six (6) months before asking you to reauthorize personal information sales. However, you may change your mind and opt back in to personal information sales at any time by visiting our service and sending us a message. We will only use personal information provided in an opt-out request to review and comply with the request.
- SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION. You can access your Personal Information via the Company Service with your password and username. If you access your account via a third-party site or service, you may have additional or different sign-in protections via that third-party site or service. You need to prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password and/or other sign-in mechanism appropriately and limiting access to your mobile device by signing off after you have finished accessing your account. Unauthorized entry or use, or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user personal information at any time.
- If we believe that the security of your personal information may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. In addition, your Personally Information resides on a secure server that only selected personnel and contractors have access to.
- We encrypt certain sensitive information using SSL technology and AWS Cloud Technology to ensure that your Personally Information is safe as it is transmitted to us. However, no data transmission can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we employ commercially reasonable security measures to protect data and seek to partner with companies that do the same, we cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted to or from or via the Company Service, and we are not responsible for the actions of any third parties that may receive any such information.
- EXTERNAL LINKS. Users will find advertising or other content on our Site or software that may link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by software or websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services will have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Interaction on any other software, including software which have a link to our Site, is subject to that software’s own terms and policies.
COMPLAINTS & CONTACT INFORMATION
700 Milam, Suite 1300
Houston, TX 77002